This violin is a Stradivarius copy, likely made in a central European (German?) workshop at the end of the 1800’s. It is full-size, and has very good tone and volume, suitable for an adult student or as a travel instrument. It comes with a re-haired bow and a used, hard-shell case.
* new fingerboard, bridge, pegs, soundpost, strings, nut, chinrest, tailpiece & fine-tuners
* Neck angle and bridge height were adjusted using a fingerboard shim.
* separated, glued joints were restored using hot, hide glue.
* finish was rejuvenated using shellac / French polish
* Restored by Mark Ralston, Centre Hall
Donated by Mark Ralston